Sunday, March 23, 2014

I have committed to my covenant group and my church to walk the El Camino de Santiago in 2016. To do so requires absolute trust in God to provide the way because the obstacles to overcome are legion: funding--Lilly Renewal Grant, self, other?????, loose 80 pounds, get in shape to walk a mini-marathon daily despite bad knees and back, become somewhat proficient in Spanish--at least enough to survive.

With such reliance upon God, this isn't just a walk or a vacation experience. It's an intentional pilgrimage with God, ie being intentional about experiencing, looking for naming and claiming God in the midst of all. The blog will be a recording of thoughts, feelings, accomplishments and set backs along the way. I invite you to join me. Feel free to share whatever feedback would be helpful. Prayers are coveted. Encouragement welcome. Accountability daily.

Vaya on dios pilgrims!

No comments:

Post a Comment